Windsor Roubina Chapter History
The Windsor Roubina chapter was founded in 1926 with strong ties with the Detroit Armenian community. After some time of inactivity, the chapter was re-established December 11 1978 by founding executive committee members: Araxi Ashekian, Mary Karageozian, Elmasd Engeyan, Rose Bedirian and Ani Darakjian.
The chapter focused on the mission to preserve the Armenian language, heritage and culture and immediately established an Armenian Saturday school, which is still active today. In alignment with this undertaking they organize community events and initiatives which continue to benefit the ARS mission locally, nationally and abroad.
Amid the challenges they may face, the Windsor Roubina chapter continues their efforts to work towards many initiatives of ARS.